Saturday, July 7, 2012

Random Thoughts and Other Things

I haven't read too many blogs, so I really don't know how you're suppose to start one of these things.  And, I guess by beginning with these words I actually started the blog...I'm now a blogger.  Blogger, blogger, blogger.  I just like the way that word sounds...I love the way my tongue shoots forward and sort of pops out of my mouth when I say the word...blogger. It makes my cheeks puff and lips pop.  Sort of like the loose drooling lips of a Basset Hound saying, "blogger." 

I didn't start this thing just to talk about that, I thought I'd share with you what it's like being a 25 year old man in a 52 years old body.  Chronologically it's 52, but sometimes I feel like it's 92.  When I was a kid, I always thought that when I got older, like in my 20's and 30's, I'd have it all figured out.  I'd have my career (a paramedic doctor astronaut who fights crime like batman), a wife (that cute chick from The Partridge Family) and kids (Buffy and Jody), then fill each day with interesting hobbies, like collecting baseball cards and playing alley hockey with my best friend, Mike.  I also knew that one day Darla from third grade would be sorry she liked Carlos instead of me and would come crawling back begging me to be her boyfriend.  I of course would tell her, "no.  I can't.  I'm married to that cute chick from The Partridge Family.

My wife says I have a "thing" about tall slender girls with dark hair.  She's wondering how could I ever have ended up with her?  She is 5'3 1/2" and has short brunette hair.  Did I mention that she is cute?  She has this dimple on her left cheek that is adorable when she smiles. Crystal blue eyes and the cutest little nose (which I dare not touch for fear of having my finger bit off).  She is a little fireball - and I love her.  Plus she is Mormon, so I can have as many wives (or as many "things" for tall slender girls) as I want (yeah I know they don't practice polygamy any more, but I'm holding out until they do).

Anyway, my blog is titled Pulling Up People.  I sort of have this idea (not fully formed) that I would write about normal stuff; about my daily struggles with weight, self esteem, health, career, goals, and family.  I'll share stories from my past and keep you up to date on stories in my "now."  Why "Pulling Up People"?  Well, I am all about helping and serving people; helping and serving them with the resources that I have been endowed with; like my money, time, friendship, knowledge, skills, and abilities.  When someone (people) are in need, they need to be PULLED UP - so they can stand on their own, in dignity. So, Pulling Up People is sort of my philosophy in life...it's who I am and who I am becoming.  I'm just trying to figure out how to do that better.


2 comments:

  1. I love it Honey...this sounds just like YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh! This will be a blast to read!

    ReplyDelete